Makerere Institute of Business Studies is recognised in independent government assessments as one of Uganda’s leading Business Institutions.
Founded by two shareholders, the Institute today combines impressive modern facilities and a dynamic approach to teaching and research with its proud heritage of service and achievement.
To be among the very best in the world is the most challenging goal we can set ourselves. We have done so because it is only through working to achieve the very highest international standards in research, teaching and other activities that we can realise the full potential of the academic community that is Makerere Institute of Business Studies.
Our vision reflects our service to society and we pursue our vision in the belief that all those with an interest in the Institute should expect no lesser ambition.
Our Mission is to pursue research, learning and teaching of international distinction and impact.
Features of our Vision and Mission are:
- Striving for excellence, integrity and innovation in every aspect of activity.
- A strongly collaborative approach
- An open and effective communications and an inclusive culture based on dignity, courtesy and respect.
Facts and Figures
- With over 1000 students and 20 staff, the Institute academic community is the size of a small town.
- Some 200 awards were made in 2018/2019
Our close links with employers and professional bodies and the recognised high quality of our teaching and learning ensure that MIB students are equipped with the transferable skills, knowledge and attitudes that employers look for.
As a result MIB continues to be targeted by employers seeking high calibre graduates. Each year around 90 percent of graduates enter employment or professional training/Undergraduate study shortly after finishing.
The most recent known destinations of MIB students is as follows:
- 90% of students go on to Employment / Further Study
- 3% of students were not available for work
- 7% of students are unemployed